Thursday, February 21, 2008

one of THOSE days...

before i explain why it's one of THOSE days, i need to say something else first. i don't have a big mirror in my house. we have our little mirror on our medicine cabinet, which is sufficient when you are brushing your teeth, shaving your face, or plucking your eyebrows...but is not sufficient for actually seeing how your whole outfit looks. added to that fact, to save time in the morning, i put my make-up on in the car. before you judge me, understand that i sit at quite a few redlights in the morning, which offers plenty of time for me to do this! all that to say, my first real look at my whole apperance in the morning usually happens at some point when i go to the bathroom at work. every now and then, i remember to go in there and check myself out before work actually starts (aka before i actually see anyone i know). but, usually.. .i forget. and this morning was one of those forgetting ones...

but, alas, a few moments ago, i needed to go visit the bathroom, so i did..and as i was washing my hands, i looked in the mirror and noticed my shirt looked a little strange. the sleeves looked almost inside out. i just kept staring at them in the mirror-thinking, "surely not." i try to kind of turn to the side to see if i can see the tag in the back, which i can't because my hair is down and covering where the tag would be...so, i just stand there, thinking about all the people i have chatted with this morning and wondering if they noticed. then, i looked down and looked at the sides of my shirt-thinking surely i would be able to see the seams if it was inside out, and they looked normal. long story short, the sleeves are supposed to fold up on the ends and have little buttons there on them. so, i just flipped them up quickly and laughed at myself. the sad thing-it took me like 5 minutes to realize it wasn't inside out at all.... yes, one of those days!

1 comments:

MrsBarrett said...

haha, girl I can totally understand where you're coming from. The last apartment I lived in had no big mirrors and after months of looking into a small mirror over the sink I bought a full length mirror to hang from a closet door. And a word of caution, be careful when applying mascara in the car, I jabbed my eye once doing that and that stuff stings!!