Monday, February 25, 2008

no longer a child...

i have been wanting to share this thought for a few days, but haven't gotten the chance to really sit down and write. i went to the doctor this past week and had such a sad experience. i had to get my finger pricked and that mean nurse lady just jabbed me with the pricker, squeezed all the blood out of my poor little finger and handed me a cotton swab thing and sent me on my way. can you believe that? not even a band-aid to stop the blood flow and mask the pain. what a disappointment?? as i sat there, an hour later, with my finger still dripping blood (okay, maybe it wasn't quite an hour...), i thought "it's official, i'm no longer a kid!" next time, i think i might take my own strawberry shortcake psychadelic bandaid and pull it out as soon as she finishes...maybe even ask her to put it on there for me! ;)

1 comments:

Gladys said...

I think that is a great idea! I'll buy you some fun bandaids. If it makes you feel any better, you guys will always be my kids. Love you both!!
Gladys (aka Mom)