Thursday, March 26, 2009

hey, i have feelings, too!

the other day, i was at the grocery store buying some things to make dinner. it is a rare occasion that i go to any store alone these days (for a multitude of reasons, a main one being our cars have been acting up and i'm too afraid i'll get stuck somewhere to venture out! another reason being this silly fear that i will go into labor at some strange place with no one but strangers around the gawk at me!), but this particular day, i had made it out all by myself. i made a list hoping that i could avoid the sudden, random cravings i get when i see something tasty, so that i wouldn't go home with a bunch of junk. i made my way around the store and bought only like two things that were not on my list (and one was for ryan even!). when i finished picking up everything i needed, i headed to the shortest check out line and proceeded to empty my buggy onto the little belt thing. the cashier was a young guy, likely still in high school, but possibly in his first year of college...and he wasn't super friendly. i think he might have asked how my day was, but didn't even listen to my reply, as he was focused on his friend who was working a few registers behind him. there were a couple of ladies (at least my age, likely a few years older) checking out at his friend's register and my cashier was busy checking them out..he hollered out to his friend in a whiny voice, "how come you always get the hot girls in your line?" i know i'm an old, married woman who happens to be 9 months pregnant, but hello! can't i be "hot", too?!?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very "hot". Just ask your husband. Don't worry about what that jailbait thinks.