Wednesday, March 25, 2009

37 weeks

it is wonderfully amazing and completely terrifying that i now could go into labor at any time and have a "full-term" baby. in fact, not only could i go into labor at any time, but my doctor told me yesterday that she really is hoping i will go into labor this very week. noah is continuing his steady little growth pattern which means he is getting bigger and bigger. i had to laugh at our doctor yesterday when she measured me and her only response was, "woooo...he certainly still is growing!" yay for noah-he might even exceed the 87th percentile size if he continues to stay in me the next couple of weeks!
surprisingly, i'm not ridiculously uncomfortable yet... only pretty uncomfortable. i have this terrible itch-thing going on with my skin that is driving me nuts! it's especially bad on the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands, but at night, travels up and down my legs. there's no rash or anything, so we are assuming it's just the swelling/fluid build up around my nerves (quite common, says my doc). it's irritating, but i keep thinking that i could be much worse off pain-wise.
in other news, ryan started an additional job this week. he is such a trooper. i think he'd work just about any job just so that he could take care of noah and i...this new job is far from his dream job, but already, he is working hard and getting comments from co-workers about what a great job he's doing. i'm so proud! :) it's odd, though, that he is working more or less full time now (20 hours at the new job, 20-25 hours training)...we don't get to spend as much time together. but, such is life, i suppose...welcome to the real world, right? :)

2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

i hear friday is a good day to go into labor :)

Jodi said...

Remember it doesn't do Noah any hard to be "cooking" for a while longer, though! They estimated that Samuel was at least 9 lbs more than a week before he was born, and he only weighed 8 lbs, 5 oz at birth!