Friday, April 3, 2009

a big mistake

i had a brief "am i going into labor?!" panicky moment earlier today. i was having a nice spicy mexican lunch with two of my dear little sisters, trying to induce some natural labor, when i started having strange pains in my stomach. my appetite went away very quickly and was replaced by an imminent feeling of being about to puke my guts out. let me just say, not a pleasant feeling when you are still sitting at the mexican restaurant with the remains of your food before you. finally, we got our check and got out...i walked around a bit, thought about doing a little shopping, bought some amazing new sugar body scrub that maybe just might help my constant itchiness..and i felt much better. the standing up and moving helped, so i assumed that i surely must not be going in to labor. but, the question returned rather quickly when i got in the car to drive home. terrible, terrible stomach pains...but after a moment, i realized that there was no contracting coming with this weird feeling. that's when it hit me: that early morning snack i had might not have been the best idea. i had assumed a little extra fiber could only help the whole process, but i have quickly abandoned any such thought. fiber one bars and pregnancy are not, i repeat NOT, a good mix...especially so late in the game! 

0 comments: