Saturday, June 28, 2008

homesickness

it's just no fun!
we have been working at the house today, though we did escape for about 15 minutes to the grocery store. in colorado, or littleton, at least, there are no brunos, winn dixie, or publix. we have king soopers, andersons, safeways, and of course, target! we have been doing most of our shopping at target, but decided to venture to a few of the groceries this week.. today we went to the local king sooper and i was very impressed! it was HUGE and very, very organized...i think we will probably go back there!
tonight for dinner, we made taco pizza de christopher (my brother). he used to own a little pizza shop down in motown, and he had this amazing taco pizza. after he sold the business, i was bummed because i thought "no more taco pizza!" but, he made it for us last time we went to the beach together...and today, i decided that's just what we needed. so i called and he gave me his secret recipe and we made it! it was delicious! afterwards, i fixed ryan and i a bowl of ice cream and was being all silly as i took it to him... so silly, in fact, that i forgot the stone base of our fireplace sticks out into the walkway. as i was hopping along to give him the ice cream, i slammed the bottom of my foot right into it and then collapsed onto the sofa! apparently i barely made it to the couch, and sadly enough, the ice cream did not stay intact. i thought i had broken the bottom of my foot (if that's even possible) it hurt so bad! and the tears i have been trying to hold in all day came out in a fright...it was terrible. my sweet husband, grabbed the ice cream bowl and pretended (for a few moments) that he didn't care about it spilling on the couch. he got my some ice and put it on my foot and held me as i cried. after i settled down, he cracked up because he said i was jumping along all jolly and happy and then as soon as i hit the fireplace, my face became distorted...quite humorous to watch, he said! i felt so silly, i could only laugh myself. sometimes it's good for the tears to have an excuse to flow. i was telling him earlier today that i'm tired of being sad and missing home. i really want to enjoy our time in colorado...it's just hard being so far from home and trying to make decisions about what is going to be best for us... but, at the end of the day, i'm very thankful to be here with ryan in just the place we feel the Lord has called us, even if it is hard some days...
until next time..

3 comments:

Gladys said...

OK...OK...you made me cry...and my foot is finally feeling better.:) Hope that foot and that heart heal soon. All my love!

Mae said...

we are praying for you dear friends...the best place to be is in God's will! He will see you through this! Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

As I have said many times, reading your blog is like having a personal conversation with you - it was this way again. I felt as though you were sitting right here in Montevallo. I am so sorry that you hurt your foot. It will heal in time, just like your heart. We are praying for you. We love you sweet girl.