Saturday, June 7, 2008

finally!

we got our internet up and running..well, kind of. the cable guy came today and got our modem all set up. we had purchased a wireless router a few days ago and ryan spent much of the afternoon trying to get it set up....to no avail! it was very frustrating because neither of us really knows all that much about computers! :\ needless to say, we ended up giving up and it still isn't working. so so sad!!
i made my first ever crockpot dish today. for those of you who don't know, my mom is the crockpot queen! she can make anything and everything in the crockpot, and most of it-she actually has. she makes the best chicken ever...and some pretty delicious roast! she's also been known to try some other things, none quite as infamous as the crockpot oatmeal. i mean, it sounded like a good idea-letting the oatmeal cook all through the night and spread it's delicious aroma throughout the house. and then, when you wake up the next morning, breakfast is already ready! all you have to do is scoop some out and enjoy! well, while i didn't have the privilege (i can never spell that word for some reason) of having some myself, i have heard enough to be thankful that i wasn't there! let me just say one sister said she had the runs for days... t.m.i., i know! ANYWAY, back to my chicken-i called my mom and got one of her crockpot recipes and went at it...i don't know the actual name for it, but it was a lemon chicken with potatoes and croutons. it turned out pretty yummy for my first ever! i was going to take a picture to show all my fans out there (lol), but ryan was hacking away at it before i had a chance (in all fairness, i actually forgot that i intended to take a picture and asked him to find me some white meat to eat!). so, you'll just have to imagine what it looked like...
until next time...

2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

the crockpot is the best thing ever! love love love it!

Anonymous said...

Bette said,
You are hilarious! I am glad that your dish was edible and Ryan didn't have to visit the little boy's room a lot (LOL). See I didn't give TMI.
I was sitting here thinking about this next week and my thoughts came to you guys. I hope your class is enjoyable and that you learn something useful.
I continue to pray for you both. Yesterday, I worked at our Church's booth at Alabaster's City Fest. We had a group of 6 praying every hour of the festival. Around 9:55 am, we prayed for you and Ryan. Please know that many are praying for your safety, acceptance, education, family, and so much more!
God has great plans for you! Can't wait to see you.
Love you abaapaahatn.:-)