Monday, June 9, 2008

furry little friends

i saw the angel in the marble and carved until i set him free. -michaelangelo



my first day as a graduate student was not too bad. after only 3 hours of class, i can tell i'm really going to like it. it just feels right! my class is introduction to christian formation and training/mentoring. the class is very personal, there are only 6 students and 2 teachers...and has very much the feel of some of my sebc classes. we have to read two books for the class, one of which is written by one of my professors. it's called soul keeping by howard baker and it is very, very good. i started on it this weekend and am thoroughly enjoying it. i'll hold off my highest recommendations on the book until i actually finish it, but so far so good.

we went out for a little walk yesterday to capture some pictures of what i have officially named furry little guys, or more affectionately, at times, my furry little friends. they are all over the place out here-only not in our yard because of the sod (we think). the press is still out on exactly what they are..let me know if you know! we captured some really great pictures with our new sweet zoom lense!

notice the little baby's head! SO cute!!


i just thought this picture turned out really well..you won't find any furry friends in it, but i wanted to share it all the same...

and this last picture is for magen-notice the platter!

i have an interview tomorrow afternoon, so be praying if you think about it. it's not the job i was hoping for, but it could be even better..more to come on that.

until next time..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Father, I love you and thank you for all the blessings in my life. I especially thank you for the opportunity you gave me to know and love Samantha. Right now, Lord, I lift her up to you and ask for your blessings in her life. As she interviews for this job, please let her words and actions speak of YOU. May Your will be done for both Samantha and Ryan. Thank you Father, for loving us enough to give us companions. Samantha and Ryan were made for each other and You did that. Thank you. We love you Lord and thank you in advance for taking care of their finances and school. In your precious name I pray, Amen.

Anonymous said...

They're prairie dogs.

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

guess someone else beat me to it...I was going to say that they are prairie dogs too, how funny :)
congrats on the new job and i'm glad you are enjoying your class too :)
God always has a way of reminding us that He truly does care about us, am i right?
blessings ~ k