Tuesday, March 25, 2008

ramblo

i'm not happy with my blog layout. it's just not doing it for me, especially since i have friends with GREAT looking blogs (especially dan and magen!). i am going to try to jazz up my blog over the next few days, but first-i must figure out how! :)

so, it's official, ryan and i are moving to colorado. okay, like that's really news...but i turned in my notice at work yesterday, so it really is official now! i'm going to work, i think, through the end of april, and then spent the month of may packing everything up! we are looking like crazy for housing, but trying to decide where we are going to live from 1400 miles away is not an easy task. i look online for hours every day...but even with the houses that have pictures, you don't know what kind of neighborhood it's in and if the pictures are really all that accurate. plus, it's a little early still to actually nail down a place (since we still have two months before we move)...but i don't want to wait so late that we end up getting stuck somewhere we don't really like. ryan's brother (and my brother-in-law), nick, is going to be moving out there later this summer. we are hoping to find a place we can rent together...we get along really well, and it will be MUCH cheaper for both of us. plus, it will just be fun! :) annnnndddd...my dear little sister, hannah, might be moving out there, too, for college. she and mom are going to check out a school this weekend. i think it would be completely awesome for her to be out there with us, too! she would be about 1/2 an hour away, but close enough to hang out during the week and stuff!

besides the obvious things (family and friends), i realized something i'm really going to when we get to co--rick and bubba! i absolutely love listening to them on my drive into work every morning...and then when i get to work, i usually listen to them on the internet for a while, too. and sometimes, i even listen on my way home from work (even though it's a replay, so i usually end up hearing the same thing at some point). those are some funny guys, though! and they are just so honest, which is refreshing! they will greatly be missed...but, they could end up on a radio station out there... never know!!! :)

speaking of the radio, doncha just hate those little jingles they do for advertising?! i, for one, really do hate them! especially the really catchy ones... for instance, has anyone heard that jack's jingle about cinnamon raisin biscuits? it's terrible... the first few times i heard it, i thought, "my that's catchy" the next thing i know, i was singing along with it! and then... in the shower, that was the song on my mind! i mean, come on! that's ridiculous!! i heard the blue bell jingle this morning-an oldey, but goodey (only NOT)!! without even thinking about it, there i was singing along...compelled, unable to stop myself! craziness!!!!! the thing is, it doesn't make me want blue bell ice cream or a jack's cinnamon raisin biscuit, so it's really not all that effective... just catchy!!

half a day at work for me again today-ryan and i are going to the eye doctor. it's not easy to get an appointment at my eye doctor, so i just had to take what they could give me (1:30 today)! i have been going to the same place for like all my life. i started wearing glasses when i was in the 4th grade, i believe...that was a LONG time ago! and my eyes have progressively gotten worse and worse. ryan, on the other hand, has perfect vision. he hasn't been to the eye doctor in like 10 years, because "my vision is fine! still 20/15!" :) but, i'm making him go, just because i think he should get checked out...it's just one of those things! the bad-vision part of me hopes his vision is a just a little bad because it's not fair that his is so good!!! but, i'm sure his will be fine and mine will be a wee bit worse... this will be the first time in a long time that i actually have vision insurance, so maybe my contacts and visit won't cost out of this world! hopefully! no new glasses for me, though, this year because i have a pair that i really do love still! only new lenses if necessary..

if you are still actually reading this, i'm sorry for the mindless rambling..just one of those days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very exciting about making firm plans about moving to colorado. I'll definitely have to come out to visit! Of course me trying to ski would be less than graceful I can imagine.

Stephy Z said...

I love the new look!!!!

Ashley Davis said...

i understand the eye dr. thing...i got glasses in 3rd grade and now i'm considered legally blind w/o contacts or glasses! who knows the last time reid went to the dr! crazy crazy