Tuesday, March 11, 2008

i hate cats

okay, so maybe that's a little strong...but it's true. they drive me absolutely bonkers! i saw this video on a friend's blog and thought-oh my goodness! that's why i don't like cats! who wouldn't this drive crazy?!?! but it's so JUST what they are like!


some of you witnessed my great birthday present a few years ago. to be honest, i brought it on myself in a way... let me explain. like 2 years ago, i had a few select dear friends/family over for a birthday dinner at mom's house. i got some great cards and gifts, but the best was saved for last. my sisters all came in together with this big thing (because there's no other word to describe it really) that was all wrapped and covered in blankets and towels. they were like "okay! *giggle giggle* here's your birthday present from us!" *giggle some more*. i had no idea what it could be, so i began unwrapping the blankets around it, even as my youngest sister told me that i couldn't keep the "wrapping" because it was mom's. lol. well, i finally get down to the present and it's this little stuffed animal carrying case thing of mollie's (again she told me i couldn't keep that either). i felt the present kind of moving a little and was like "what in the world?" i opened the front of the case and in the very back, looking scared to death, is one of the cutest little kittens in the world. someone jumps in behind me and takes a picture into the case, which scares the kitten even more. it growls/snarls a little at us and looks like it might pounce on anyone at any moment-and like it could possibly take someone's head off. i think hopie got it out and played with it a bit and that was that. i did get to name it, which was nice.. "skeeter." anyway, i didn't really want the kitten, though i liked the idea of it at the time. like all of our other cats, skeeter became an outside cat. not a year later, skeeter got knocked up, and sadly, the daddy cat never came around to even check on his young offspring. :( not too long after that, due to immense sadness, i think, skeeter disappeared...leaving behind a little kitten that looks just like, oddly enough. anyway, this kitten, for some crazy reason, took to me. it like thinks i'm it's mom or something, even though i did nothing to make it think so. it climbs up a tree beside our balcony (yes, on the second floor!) all the time and sits at our door there and meows...constantly! it drives me crazy! it doesn't help that ryan sometimes sneaks out there to pick it up and pet it and give it food! that only makes it come back more and more... anyway, this next video is just what that cats aims to do, i think. i'm going to move all of my potted plants far far away! and maybe the table that's out there, too. because you never know....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sound like your Dad. He dislikes cats as well. Your dad was so sweet to give me a kitten one year for my b'day then the cat loved HIM more than me. Your dad just tolerated the cat. He would hang SC upside down in his hand/arm and she would just purr like he was her prince. URRRR Everytime we all went camping, SC would find something of mine and pee on it. Ughhhh and I love cats!
love ya,
Bette

Anonymous said...

I have two cats and while I adore them they drive me bonkers at the same time. I just got a dog last week and that has helped tame my kitten down immensely. It's been fun having my own little zoo in the apartment.