Wednesday, March 26, 2008

i got me a new "doo"

i have been working for like 4 hours, no kidding, on my blog! magen was kind enough to send me some info on how to create your own header. i've created, added to the blog, critiqued (and been critiqued by magen, deleted, re-created..and so on. i finally am happy with the one that is here now.. i think! all the pictures are ones i downloaded from facebook, so they aren't the most recent pictures--but they do tell a little bit of our story! :) i'm open to your comments...tell me how it looks from your computer!!!

i know everyone has been holding their breath to hear a report from our visit to the eye doctor... well, my vision is still the same. ryan's, however, is just a wee bit worse, though if you ask him about it-you'll just get a load of poo! he's totally in denial about it... dr. mercer actually came into my room after checking in with him and said, "he's definitely in denial!" how funny is that?! it's not that his vision is bad-just 20/40 in one eye (the other still 20/20) and he has a stigmatism in both eyes. i was wrong when i said it had been like 10 years since he's had a visit to the eye doctor-it's been 25!! he had NEVER been! how crazy is that?! anyway, no glasses for him..YET! if he gets any worse, though, dr. said he'd legally have to wear them (at least like at night when he drives!). i've had a good laugh over these things, though ryan is very serious about them. he's sure the doctor must be wrong... :)

okay, so something really neat happen yesterday.. we went to the eye doctor with our "new" vision insurance, hoping that it wouldn't be too expensive. as it turns out, it was like $276 for both of us. i had to order new contacts, so that wasn't a terrible price, just sort of a bummer to have to use money we could have used elsewhere. well, after the eye doc, we went to bed, bath & beyond to return some wedding stuff (we had a return to store pile in the garage on shelves, and were able to organize it all together when we cleaned it out last weekend). for those of you who don't know, BB&B will give you cash back when you return wedding gifts, instead of just store credit (with certain stipulations)...so, we took some things back that we had decided we don't really want...and do you know what our total cash back was? $297!! Which covered our trip to the eye doctor and some specialty drops that I had to get... God always provides-sometimes in really strange ways! :)

well, speaking of eyes, mine are tired of looking at this computer screen for so long, so i'm going to go do something else productive! do let me know what you think about the new doo....

3 comments:

Daniel & Mae said...

I guess I will be the first to comment...I LOVE THE NEW LOOK. I am a fan of a 'custom' look. Nicely done my friend! Also, while Daniel I were running yesterday, I told him the little story about God taking care of your finances...I thought that was neat!!! later

Anonymous said...

Definitely love the new look! It's really great. I wonder if a year and half is too long to wait to return some wedding gifts, I could totally use the cash right now. lol ;-) Look forward to seeing you in B'Ham next weekend!

Jamie and Joy George said...

Hey Sam!!!
Joy here. I finally got our blog page up and running. Thanks ALSO to Magen, I've figured a new things out too. So it sounds like she's a helpful tool to the both of us.
I added you to our link.

By the way, your page looks great. How did you do the collage of pics for your header?? Or what is that called, your dashboard?? or is that something else?