Monday, March 3, 2008

i am sam... sam i am

i do not like green eggs and ham!

a moment of reflection on one of the greatest author's of all times: Theodor Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss! he is well known, of course, for his popular children's books with crazy looking characters and great rhyming. but, there was actually more to him than that....check out his biography on this wonderful site: seussville. i read a very interesting quote by him one time, which i think is very profound: be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. somethings just don't need a comment and that is one of those things, i think. :)

in other news, i got a new phone today, which i am pretty excited about. though, i must say, i was not excited about having to get one. mine has had issues since like a month after i got it, and i should have taken it in long ago...i waited way too late. it flew right off the table yesterday during lunch. the timing of it may seem suspicious to some, as i had just had a nice conversation with wendy about her new blackberry and how i'd love one of those. but, i assure you, there was no foul play on my part. i only had it on the table just in case my husband sent me a text...yes, i'm one of those sad little wives who won't let the phone out of my sight while my husband is gone, just in case! i'm not sure if i was trying to pick it up or what when it fell-it's all a blur!! but the back popped off and out came the battery. when i put it back in, this crazy message came up and it wouldn't turn back on! and when i took it to the store, they said it had water damage of all things...yah, i'm sure! so, i went back today and worked some sort of a deal with a manager at the at&t store. i got a blackberry for a great price, but i had to up the service fee. :/ and somewhere between my old phone and the new, i lost every single number in my phone. and, in this day and age, i don't have any of them elsewhere, i don't think.

my honeybunchesofoats is going to be home tomorrow evening and i can barely stand it!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind......... This is an awesome quote and I think your dad has helped me accept this in life. I try hard to pass this on to those in my life. It is not an easy thing for some to accept.

As for the phone, I smell foul......your phone JUST HAPPENED to FALL off the table as you are thinking about a new blackberry......wait maybe that could work for me.....let's see...I just got a new phone in November....I could destroy your dad's phone and give him mine and get me a blackberry. What 'cha think?
Love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.
Bette