Thursday, January 29, 2009

recommended reading?

for all you preggos and previous preggos out there, what books have you read that have been helpful? i have been reading what to expect when you're expecting and what to eat when you're expecting over the course of my pregnancy, as well as a book that my doctor gave me-not sure the name of it off the top of my head. but anywho, are there other books that you would recommend i read and as i walk through these last 10 weeks (yes, only 10 weeks-if he comes RIGHT on schedule, LOL) and prepare for labor? and, beyond that, are there helpful parenting books you would suggest for ryan and i to read??

5 comments:

Kari and Jordan said...

Hey Girl! Thank you so much for acknowledging the future preggos in your blog today. That made me smile:) Sometimes, I feel out of the loop so thank you for making me or people who are in my situation a part of your loop:) Another book I think is great to read, and this is only if you prefer the author or like his stuff, but it is John MacArthur's "Biblical Principle for Raising Godly Children". I have been recommended to read this book by my mother, and I have started it, but I am not finished by any means. I am enjoying it so far. Just thought I would let ya know! Wow 10 weeks!! it is flying by! it will be here before you know it:) Can't wait to meet Noah! Until next time, love ya girl:)

~Jenn~ said...

I read Pea in a Pod (http://www.amazon.com/Pea-Pod-Complete-Pregnancy-Childbirth/dp/0757001815/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233358945&sr=8-9) and really thought it was the best about preparing me for labor and such. I also used it after labor when I was stressed about what was going on with my body. Great book! And I had the two you mentioned, but didn't love them as much.

Rachel Ratliff said...

I keep up-to-date on important baby issues by reading magazines: Parenting, BabyTalk, American Baby, etc.

Jamie said...

Bringing out the winner in your child by john croyle (I can loan you our copy, if need be). Genesis 3:16...To the women he said, I will greatly increase your pain in childbearing: with pain you will gie birth to children. Being aware that it is supposed to be painful, helps you to know that God is always there...even in the pain. You are going to be fabulous and it is okay to ask for the drugs. : )

Anonymous said...

Have you read Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs? It's pretty entertaining and brutally honest. I really enjoyed it.