Tuesday, January 27, 2009

confession

in life, every person has that "thing" that they really like that they are a bit ashamed of...or, at the least, embarrassed to admit they like. for some, it's a *trashy* tv show like grey's anatomy, for others...well, just think about what your's is-you all know what i'm talking about! for me, it's something i've heard referred to as "twaddle," meaning books without substance. i love to read fiction, and most days, i prefer it to a good, thought-provoking book. i love to escape into the world of another... to momentarily forget about my own life's problems and jump into the life of someone else. someone who, like me, has problems. but, unlike me, by the time the book ends, all problems have been neatly wrapped up and closed. all the issues in their life have been brought down to trivial status, and usually the finally thought is "life is good." i literally will pour myself into these books, not wanting to do anything but read and read and read. my favorite authors right this moment: francine rivers, lori wick and jodi picoult. great chick lit! 

2 comments:

MrsBarrett said...

I love to escape into books. Reading has always been one of my favorite pastimes. If a book sucks me in I'm not likely to put it down. I read the whole Twilight series in under two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Your dad does this everyday. Perhaps you get this from him. He reads all kinds of fiction, even if he doesn't enjoy it, like westerns. He does not like them, but will read them because that is what my father has passed on to him. It is funny to see him reading one of them and not really enjoying it. Now your dad does like a good military - war book.
I am happy you enjoy reading.
Love you