Saturday, May 31, 2008

saturday

our internet is actually working at our house for the first time in like 2 days! who knows how long we will have it, so i'll make this brief... we spent most of our day at the house, still trying to get things unpacked. our bedroom and bathroom are almost there!! just one room left now...which, could be a big task, seeing as to how all of our random boxes have gone into that room--and it's the smallest in the house!
well, tomorrow we venture to a new church. we aren't quite sure where we are going just yet.. i'm looking forward to starting the steps of getting connected to a new church family, but at the same i'm so sad not to be going to southcrest. the very idea of going to a church that is not southcrest makes me want to cry my eyes out... i think there is something very special about that church..something you don't find in a lot of churches-a connectiveness that truly is community. with some, even more than community, family. i know i've talked about this before, but it is weighing on my mind tonite as i think about the morning. and, don't worry, i know we will find a church here that is just wonderful, but i don't think we will ever find anywhere that is quite like southcrest. all that to say, i'm really going to miss home tomorrow, i'm already missing it just thinking about it...
we are going to grill out with some friends at a local park after church, though, which will be fun, i think. right now, there are 5 other people from southeastern, all living within probably 15 miles of us. it will be fun to catch up with everyone, and of course, it's always nice to be around familiar faces! i think it's no coincidence that these two other couples and one other chica are here...by the time the fall semester rolls around, there will be even more familiar faces with my sweet sister, hannah, being just a few miles away at her new college, university of colorado in denver; my brother from another mother (aka my brother-in-law), nick, who actually will be living with us; another friend from sebc, cody; and a girl who is dating a good friend of ours from sebc, clare (and hopefully that silly boy she's dating will come, too!!). so we are definitely looking forward to that! =)

i forgot to put this pic up the other day, but i just want to share... my sweet parents-in-law, carol and glenn, sent me some "welcome to your new home" flowers this weekend. they are just beautiful and it was so sweet of them to send them! actually, they sent 2 vases of flowers, not purposefully it turns out, but they certainly both made me smile! they actually have joined the blog world, so check them out! also, my sister-in-law has joined, too! So check her out! christina is pregnant with her first baby (she got married a little over a month before us), and will be finding out in a month or so what she is having!! we are so excited for her and kris..and can't wait to find out with them...i'm hoping she'll post lots of pictures along the way, as she grows with this new life inside her (hint hint). =)

well, i'm kind of in the middle of making some cupcakes for our party tomorrow...cookies and cream flavored! they are almost ready to come out of the oven, so i need to get started on the icing! until next time...

1 comments:

Gladys said...

OK, so I am still up tonight...working on printing out all of the mission trip stuff. Your blog comes up when I open up Safari, so I saw that you updated it. I miss you and I will miss you so badly tomorrow on our balcony. Sometimes it feels as if nothing will ever be the same again...and then God whispers in my ear... I love you and I love them and just trust me. I love you both so much and remember..as Scott says... at least you're not in jail!