Saturday, May 30, 2009

a little frustration

it's sad how shallow i am at times...i'm so tired of not having anything to wear. while i knew i wouldn't be back to my normal sized clothing immediately, i didn't think about what that would mean practically speaking. this post-pregnancy body is shaped a little differently that it was before pregnancy...and definitely differently than my preggo body. which leaves me in quite a predicament of not really having anything to wear. i've spent a good bit of the past 7 weeks in a smaller pair of maternity jeans that i dug out of my closet...and then a random collection of shirts (mostly baggy ones that hide the little extra i'm carrying here and there or t-shirts). i think i mentioned before buying a new pair of shorts...which has added a little more variety to my wardrobe. but still-wearing the same things over and over again isn't working for me...especially since none of them are really flattering on my body shape. but, i'm still working on getting down a few more sizes, so i'm going to try to stick it out through these weird stage. but all the same-i'm pretty sick of it right now...

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey...It took 9 months for you to earn that post prego body...so, it will take almost that to get it hidden again. Be patient...I know where you are coming from. I have several dresses (some casual and some Sunday dressy) that you can have (they are sized between 6 and 12). I am available tomorrow afternoon to bring them to you. Let me know! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jodi said...

I finally lost of my weight from Samuel when he was a year old, and then I was pregnant with Audrey! I know it's not fun, but just find some cute stuff that fits you now and it won't be as trying.

Ashley Davis said...

ugh, i know what you mean! we're going to the beach next month and i have nothing to wear except one pair of shorts and baggy t-shirts. so annoying!!

Anisha said...

I know the feeling! I ended up getting some things in a larger size about a week ago, just so I'd have something other than David's t-shirts to wear.

Christina Kris said...

girl i have lost all of my prego gain and still my clothes don't fit me the same. It is so crazy what being prego can do to your body even months after your delivery. I am not sure any of my pre clothes will ever fit the same.