Friday, September 26, 2008

pictures from last weekend!

Driving through the mountains on the way to Grand Junction-an absolutely gorgeous (even though quite scary at times, since the speed limit is quite high...) drive!
Driving through the Eisenhower Tunnel..it's a long tunnel and Ryan held his breath the whole way through! I was sure he was going to pass out....and yes, that is the driver's seat he is sitting in...
Nick attempted to hold his the whole way, too... but, to no avail. Poor Nick!
Dustin had Rock Band and the boys were SO into it...he got Rock Band 2 the second night we were there, so that gave them some new songs to try out! Notice the sweet hair doos!

They talked me into trying the game, so I picked the drums and it was insisted upon that I wear the hat with the mohawk....




Fun with the bobcat that Dustin had rented to work on his yard...
Dustin doesn't look scared, but he was holding pretty tightly to the barrel (or whatever that thing he's standing in is called) on the way up... looking a little green! During part of our time there, we went to a place which Dustin called "The Potholes". It's this place where these waterfalls and fallen into the same rocks for so long that these "potholes" have developed, where the water is pretty deep, though the hole is not too wide. The boys spent their time jumping into the freezing water, then climbing back up the rocks.. Too bad I'm preggo, or I would have been right there with them...unfortunately, I just had to sit in the sun and read.

First, after freaking out for a few minutes, Chad (Dustin's bro) jumped...

Then, in went Dustin...(notice me in the bottom left corner, looking a little tense. I'll be honest, it scared me..it looked like every one of them were going to crash into the rocks as they jumped in!) Then Ryan...

Finally Nick...

And there they are (minus Chad, who's taking the picture)


And that was our trip to Grand Junction..or at least, as far as the pictures go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those guys are not right!!!!!
Thank goodness for you!

We miss you all and love you!
Glenn and Carol

Anonymous said...

Why did the guys hold their breath in the tunnel? Did it stink?
The pics are beautiful.
I agree with Glenn and Carol, the guys are crazy to have jumped in that water. I'm glad that you couldn't. I am glad you enjoyed the trip. Isn't it wonderful to have good friends and family?

Mae said...

ryan's arm looks really weird in the picture of him jumping!