Thursday, September 25, 2008

lately...

the past few days have been filled with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. over this past weekend, we drove across the state to visit one of ryan's bffs, dustin, who lives in grand junction. i was not looking forward to the trip (ryan, nick and i driving over to visit dustin and his brother chad), but it turned out to be lots of fun. they were very kind not to do anything i wasn't up for and we really enjoyed our visit. i will put up some pictures soon, hopefully. 

this week, we have mostly been schooling and working. tuesday, we went back to the doctor for another check up. i was hoping to get to see our little one again, so no ultrasound this time. the doctor did check the babies heartbeat which was like 175! insanely fast, but perfectly normal. we met with the actual doctor this time (we have met with the nurse practitioners before), and she was super helpful. they did talk me into getting my flu shot, which was a wee bit painful. actually, the shot wasn't bad at all, but after about an hour, my arm got really sore and stayed sore all day yesterday. i couldn't even sleep on my right side because it was so sore...but it's better now. and, hopefully no flu for me or the baby. the antibodies (i think) will actually travel thru the umbilical  cord and the baby will get the benefits of the shot, too. that way, when he/she is born, there won't be the chance of her getting the flu as a wee one. so, the pain was worth it. =) i was afraid i would get all flu-y from it (because i always do), but it hasn't been terrible. i didn't feel too hot this morning, so i skipped my class and have laid around all morning....and i feel better. sometimes, i just need some extra rest, it seems. so, i'm trying to embrace that (it's tough, though ;))! 
well, unfortunately, i need to run get ready for work. until next time...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I had the same experience w/ the arm pain the first time I got a flu shot. People guilted me into getting one w/ Samuel b/c the antibodies are passed on - I guess I forgot w/ Audrey or it wasn't necessary! Did they give any hint of whether they think you're having a boy or girl? No one ever did w/ me, but I know every single time we went in after we found out Audrey's sex, the nurses would always comment that you could tell she's a girl b/c of her fast heartbeat. Either one is great, though (I think)!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a hard time sleeping and felt bad today. I'm glad that you got some extra rest. Dad and I really enjoyed talking with you the other night. We love you.

Mae said...

yeah...we want to see those pics!! :)