Monday, August 11, 2008

cotton ball + tape

i wrote quite a while back a blog about one way you know you aren't a kid anymore is when you go to the doctor and get a shot, they no longer give you a sparkly bandaid...instead, they give you a plane old tan extra sticky bandaid, that rips off your skin when you take it off...unless, of course, you decided to "wear it off", which could take up to a year. well, sadly enough, it has gotten worse. i have had to get some blood taken twice in the last week, and, can you believe, they didn't even give me a bandaid. no...they ripped off a piece of cotton ball, then tore off some medical tape and stuck it onto my poor arm. so, so sad....

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh... not cool. If I were there, I'd give you all the coolest, bestest bandaids I could find... Love you girl... go check your email for a treat!
Mel

Stephy Z said...

I hate it when they do that! You should take your own bandaid with you and request that they put it on instead of the cotton ball and tape...we have strawberry shortcake bandaids if you want to we can send a few to Denver :)

Joel said...

I felt like a kid today... I got a kids' band-aid, featuring two characters from the movie Cars.

I especially felt like a kid because my sixth grade teacher put it on me! Hahaha. While in the process of mounting a projector in her classroom I was cutting a thick plastic zip-tie with a boxcutter and telling the person helping me just at that moment how it was slow going because I didn't want to cut the cables or myself... and right then I cut the zip-tie and gashed my finger quite nicely with the blade.

Earlier in the day I got one of the teachers I was helping to get me tylenol from the school office. Felt like being back in elementary school! (not an entirely unpleasant regression) :)

Anonymous said...

I so totally hate that. I always replace with my own bandaids. I still have a box of Blues Clues bandaids that I love.

Christina Kris said...

or even better when they prick your finger and don'tdo a bandaid they just do a dry cotton ball that sticks to your finger. Keep a supply of bandaids in your purse for those occasions. LOL miss you guys love you tons!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought this might have been an OB type visit (pregnant woman's intuition or something) - they definitely don't have a lot of pediatrician-type office compassion. Anyway, it's worth it! Congrats!
Brad and Jodi