Sunday, August 30, 2009

isn't it ironic?

...doncha think?? i have found it quite a bit of irony in the fact that people who are most like me, at least in mostly the same stage of life as me, are the most difficult to actually be friends with? i know of quite a few mommies with little ones who i'd love to really be friends with, but we can never seem to get our schedules together enough to actually be friends... it makes me so sad some days. but, little one's schedules are hard to work around. i know i have found myself scared to go out sometimes with noah for fear that he will be hungry as soon as i get any where, or it will interupt his nap time, or he will just be super fussy. when he is any of those things, he's not a lot of fun to be around. i mean, who really wants to be sitting at the coffee shop with the frazzled looking lady with the screaming baby?! not me! :) but, still, it is frustrating sometimes not being able to be friends with the people who actually understand who i am... and, on top of that, sometimes it's a little difficult trying to converse with people who don't have babies yet. what? you don't care about what kind of cereal noah is eating right now? you don't care if it feels like he might have a tooth coming through? seriously, you mean to tell me that you don't want to hear about the massively disgusting diaper he had the other day??! what in the world are we supposed to talk about then?!??

3 comments:

deenanour said...

sam,
we need to do panera soon! : )
and i will listen to all the poopie stories about noah! he's adorable!!!!!!!!!!
love,
deena

Rebecca M. said...

Welcome to Motherhood =) I completely understand now why some mothers and daughters are so close...the moms never had any other friends!!! j/k (well sort of) =) Hang in there girl, I never get tired of reading about your little one or the mundane tasks of being a mom...after all, I am one and seemingly have no life either! hahaha

Jamie said...

This post calls for a play date...pick a Saturday and come over to play. You and I can talk while the kids play, and nothing will matter...you can feed noah, because I have cereal, we have toys for kiddos his age...bumbo seats so he can be part of the fun...and don't worry about the fussiness we have plenty of that too! Let me know when you want to come...I am here all the time!