Thursday, June 11, 2009

the time has come..

that's right. no more fighting it. no more excuses. the time has certainly come to work a little harder to get all of the extra poundage i'm carrying around off. i didn't want to write about it until i knew i actually would do it...but i'm proud to say that i'm on DAY 4 of working out! i have hired a personal trainer. some of you might know him actually; he's a tall, good looking fellow, in super shape, knows all about working out, and happens to be my baby's daddy. i've told him not to go too easy on me because i definitely am in need of someone to push me harder than i push myself. and, so far, he has. we started the week monday with a full body work out, then a walk/jog on tuesday, an upper body work out yesterday and a walk/jog today. i noticed today while i was moving on along that i feel better already at the whole running thing. don't get me wrong, i don't like it yet...and i'm not very fast at all. in fact, i was jogging along today jamming to some john mayer (side note: listening to upbeat music really helps me with the whole running thing) when a dog started barking from a nearby yard. i tried to ignore him, hoping that he'd stay put..but, he decided to join me in my run. not a big deal really, until he passed me and took off ahead of me. and, no kidding, i'm pretty sure that he looked back at me and smiled and stuck his tongue out because he knew there was no catching him...

3 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

maybe one afternoon when we're babyless, we can go walk/jogging together!

Stephy Z said...

Your baby's daddy...you are so funny! :)

Senegal Daily said...

Congratulations! Sticking with the first few workouts is the hardest - in my opinion and rather limited experience :)