Tuesday, October 7, 2008

stretchy pants

As you all know, Nacho Libre is one of my favorite movies of all times-a movie full of deep wisdom! I recently recalled a great quote from Nacho himself: 

"When you are a man... Sometimes you wear stretchy pants... In your room... For fun."
As a slowly growing baby makes my stomach protrude a wee bit more each day, I think Nacho just might have been on to something. Though, I might change it a little:
"When you are a woman...sometimes you wear stretchy pants..in your room (and elsewhere)...because they are the only thing that fits..." 

5 comments:

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

and knowing (not from personal experience yet) that the protruding belly is worth it in the end, this is such a beautiful thing :)
~katy h.

Mae said...

haha! thats a good one girl! I am sure you are just precious :)

deenanour said...

nachOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo o o o o!

Stephy Z said...

Haha...I love Nacho Libre! We used a quote from that movie on our wedding day...xoXOXXOxoxO (little kiss...little hug...big kiss...)Haha!

Jodi said...

That is so true. I was down to one pair of pants and one pair of capris before Audrey was born. There's always skirts and dresses, though - they'll last forever!