Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

As I near the 16th week of my pregnancy, there are a few things that I'm a little slow in adjusting to. As many people know, one of the joys of pregnancy is random cravings. It's like all I have to do is hear someone talk about some kind of food and I HAVE TO HAVE it, and quick. Of course, since we have limited resources right now, the getting it doesn't always happen, but Ryan is good about letting it happen if it can. Unfortunately, some of my cravings hit when I am talking with people from Alabama, which is bad because we don't have all of the same restaurants. Like I was talking with my Mom a few weeks ago and she mentioned Guthrie's and I couldn't get it off my mind for days...in fact, now that it comes up again, I could really go for some of that amazing sauce with some fries and chicken! But sadly, no Guthrie's anywhere close to me. Today's random craving actually developed from a random dream I had last night. In fact, all I remember about the dream is that I was with my mom and she was drinking Diet Dr. Pepper...and, as she's always so nice to do, she shared some with me. Since I woke up, I've been yearning for a Diet Dr. Pepper. But, that's a no-no for preggos! (which I actually just learned a few weeks, thankfully!) So... I found myself actually buying a Dr. Pepper. The sad part of the whole story, I don't even like Dr. Pepper, I only like the Diet...but I drank some and pretended like it was the good stuff... and it worked, kind of. =)

We go back to the doctor tomorrow. No..stop that question you are about to ask me...No, we will not know the gender of the baby after tomorrow's appointment. We'd like to know, and we will eventually find out, but our doctor has told us that she won't tell until us until I am 24 weeks along. I know-that's really late. I know-ridiculous! But oh well...we will find out eventually! And, I'm looking forward to being that far along because not only will our little baby be that much closer to coming out of me, but we will be back home by then-yay! 
Until next time...
Oh one more thing-very exciting news! My sister-in-law is getting very close to having her baby! She definitely sounds ready for little Roxie to be here, and told her yesterday that if she's not born by next Thursday, then they will induce! Whoohooo!! Here's a picture of her and her sweet husband (I actually stole this from Carol's page! :))-doesn't she look just beautiful?!?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cravings....hmmm....chili, the graham cracker crust of a homemade pie, chicken and rice, Mimi's fresh made rolls..... Okay that was mean. I will stop torturing you. :-)
I want you to tell everyone about your new pants, esp. the about the pockets.
Can't wait until you are back in Alabama. We love you dearly!

Ashley Davis said...

i am just like that-- any food commercial or anything food related makes me want that food right then, it's awful!

Jodi said...

I never had any cravings, but you can have Diet drinks - just not in excess. The main risk is during the first trimester. We had to wait until 22 weeks to find out Samuel's gender.

Anonymous said...

I just got the news that David and Nisha Nix are expecting. I don't know the due date, but will let you know as I hear.

Rachel Ratliff said...

We will be there over Thanksgiving! We can't come over Christmas because we will be planning a 1st birthday party! When is your baby due? David and Anisha are expecting a baby on May 12! Ryan is starting to get jealous that he won't be the only Nix great-grandchild...haha!