Tuesday, January 22, 2008

i start a new job in the morning and i'm filled with mixed feelings. i am so thankful, of course, for the new opportunity. the timing of it all couldn't be better (isn't that funny?! ;)). yet, still i am a little nervous about it...okay, "a little nervous" is a major understatement. i am very, very nervous. a new place with new people that i don't know. looking back over the years, i'm not sure i have ever worked anywhere in which i didn't know someone. peter at starbucks, everyone at sebc, ryan at valleydale, steph at the disney store, michael sheets at hydraspa....it's always nice knowing someone! but this new job will be a totally new adventure for me! i am a little nervous about having to fight traffic to get there...and then i'm just not sure what to expect for the day-other than knowing the hours i will be there. i'm one of those funny people who really likes to know what things are going to be like. which, you can hardly ever guess exactly what things will be like-so i drive myself crazy thinking of how it could be... i'm sure it's going to be great! this job is obviously totally the Lord's doing-as i talked about yesterday. and knowing that, there's really nothing to be worried about. so, i'll let you know how it goes tomorrow... :) i'm going to get back to knitting my hat...

4 comments:

scarlett dey said...

Thanks for sending us your blog. We know you'll be great at your new job so don't worry.
It was really nice talking to you today. Scott and Missy

Gladys said...

May the Lord bless you and keep you today!!! I am so proud of you guys. Be sure I get a picture of you today....your first day at your "real" job. It can join the pictures of your first day at school, you first day at college, etc,,,

Daniel & Mae said...

I hope your first day of work is going GREAT! Call me tonight...I want to hear all about it! Love you!

Ashley Davis said...

oh gosh, starting new jobs is so overwhelming! when i started my new job, i pretty much decided to quit like the second week, haha! BUT six months later, I have survived and like my job.

It'll get better! I promise!