Wednesday, February 18, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things:


Ignoring the ridiculous baby name book (side note: why do all baby books claim to be the best? is there no standard for this award-something that truly would make one the best??), this lotion set really is wonderful! There is a lotion and massage cream that claims to prevent stretch marks. While I know that no lotion can actually do this, it makes me feel better when I slather my belly each day with it! And, I have had horrible itch problems since day one of this pregnancy..the only thing I have found that has really helped is the itch spray that came in this little package. AMAZING stuff!




I have had few cravings over the course of my pregnancy, but this is one thing I can NOT get enough of. When we were still living in CO, my mom would talk from time to time about going to eat at Zaxby's. The mere mention of the word made me want some SO bad to eat. Greasy chicken, crinkle cut fries and that ridiculously good sauce. Honestly, the sauce is really what actually does it for me...but I can't really figure out what else it'd be good on, so I just stick with Zaxby's food. I have probably eaten my weight in it over the past two months. Seriously.




Not working very much affords me the opportunity to do quite a bit of reading. While you'd think that'd be an excellent chance for me to catch up on some academic, or at least some form of brainy, reading, that simply is not the case. I have been really into what I call "books that don't make me think too hard" aka twaddle aka junk really... Anyway, this is one of the author's that I have been reading...currently, I'm about to start Picture Perfect. While riskae at times, these books bring up very interesting moral and ethical situations and questions...so there is maybe a little thinking that happens after all...



The bubbly! I really cannot get enough of this either. It's not neccesarily cokes that I crave, though I do love them...but really any kind of carbonate drink. My preference would be , but I have had the worst time in finding any. I can't find them in the grocery or the gas stations. I just looked on the 7-up webpage (not because I'm a freak but because I was trying to find a picture) and saw that they are now advertising cherry 7-up with antioxidants. Does it get any better than that? I mean, that means it will be practically a healthy drink: no caffiene, fruit, AND cancer fighting power! If anyone comes across a pack of these, please buy it and send it my way-I'm a desperate woman!!


This book is hilarious! A friend was telling me about it recently, so I found it the other night while we were hanging out at the book store. I sat in a cozy chair and read half the book while Ryan and Mollie were looking at other things in the store. I was so sad to when it was time to leave because I hadn't finished the book. I decided I'd try to check it out at the library, but then it ended up not being there. So, a few days ago, Ryan and I needed to waste a little time between our doctor's appointment and our class, so I talked him into going and hanging out at another book store. I found this book, sat my self in another cozy chair and read the rest of it. I literally was laughing out loud at the stuff I read. It was only so funny because it's so true! It's all about the ails of pregnancy...Every pregnant woman should read it!!

0 comments: